It was nearly a year ago that Michigan voters approved Proposal 1 to legalize and regulate marijuana for all adults 21 and older. Yesterday, the state Marijuana Regulatory Agency released applications instructions for owners seeking an adult-use business license.
The licensing is similar what the state legislature approved for medical marijuana businesses (growing, processing, testing, transportation and retail) with the addition of a few key licenses:
- Marijuana micro business licenses allow for the cultivation of up to 150 plants and the processing and retail of their products from a single licensed location.
- Consumption establishment licenses will allow businesses to operate a location designated for on-site consumption.
- Marijuana event organizer licenses will be individuals or businesses licensed to organize special marijuana events.
- Temporary marijuana event licenses will be available for event organizers to apply for a limited-time marijuana event.
Cannabis Entrepreneurs should visit the Marijuana Regulatory Agency website to find more information including:
- An overview of the licensing process;
- Step one and step two applications for new applicants and existing medical marijuana facility licensees;
- Detailed step-by-step instructions for the online applications;
- Instructions for new applicants and existing marijuana facility licensees for each license type;
- Application checklists;
- Detailed paper instruction booklet including step-by-step instructions for paper applications.